Friday, May 13, 2011

Makin' the Switch

This little change has been nagging me for quite some time but I finally did it and boy was it easy!! If I'd have known it would be this simple I would have done it long ago.

I apologize in advance to my "followers" for changing my place but I would greatly appreciate it if you would keep following me at www.vintagescapes.blogspot.com. Everything will be pretty much the same just under a new url that makes more sense.

So goodbye Wall-E's Repository and hello Vintage Scapes!


2 comments:

  1. Did you change names and import to the new name? And if you did, HOW?! Were you able to direct the people following you to the new site? I hate my name (omg I really hate it!) I have a new blog set up but dang it I worked hard for the nineteen followers I have (that sounds so pitiful!:)) Anywhoozle your blog is beautiful! Nice clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment!

    As for the logistics of switching your url, its not going to be pleasant. I checked to make sure the new name that I wanted wasn't taken and then I just added it to my current account. Importing your posts and comments is easy with blogger. (just go to settings->export blog->save on your computer->settings (new blog)->import. However, you cannot import your followers. At least not to my knowledge, and I've looked around! Bummer, I know! What has been recommended is that you make a post in your old blog containing the url to your new one and hope that your followers like you enough to follow your new one. Sadly I am now down to 1 follower and I am left wondering about when to shut the old one down.

    I decided to make the switch now because I didn't have many followers (19 sounds greats to me!). I figured it would be best to make the change before I get any more dedicated to the blog. I know that in the long-term it will be better. I guess it just depends on what you ultimately want the blog to do.

    I hope that helped! If not you can just shoot me some more questions. :)

    ReplyDelete